Through sickness and in health


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hello to all. I want to start out by apologizing for the long delay in blog updates. I have been a bit under the weather for the past few days, okay, I have been VERY under the weather! I have gotten some sort of a stomach flu and it isn’t going away without a fight. Thankfully Logan and Autumn have been troopers in the house! Logan was bound through our vows, (ha! sucker) but Autumn…well she just managed out of the kindness of her heart. (Well, I guess she is sort of bound by blood too, but anywhoo) Need-less-to-say, the only things I have seen over the past few days is my bed and the bathroom. No signs of anyone else in the house getting it so please pray that everyone stays healthy! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. So, enough of that.

Easter weekend, (other than the occasional barfing) was great. Daven, as I had predicted, was the most handsome little man in the place. Makes a momma proud. He had is argyle sweater on and his oxford shoes, oh I get chocked up just thinking how beautiful he is. Here is a picture just so you can see for yourself.

Saturday, he also got a much needed hair cut. Yes, it was a struggle, but was way overdue. Now he is looking so dapper and grown up!

As for the casting process that we have all been dreading for a week now…

Thankfully, PapaT, GranZ, Monga, and Auntie Autumn were all there to lend a hand. Logan couldn’t break away from work and I was still so weak from the flu that the extra hands were great help! Daven was such a big boy and did very well. The process was much faster than I was anticipating, which was wonderful! We were in and out within 45 minutes. Yes, Daven screamed the entire time, but at least it wasn’t for a full hour or more which I was anticipating. Autumn was a great historian for us and took great pictures so everyone could see what we experienced.

We go back on May 2 to have the brace put on. They come in lots of different designs (a sophisticated colored cast) so we picked the trucks and tractors for Daven. Macho enough we thought.

Well, I think this should catch most of you up on the latest. I will be back tomorrow with more.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


3 Responses to “Through sickness and in health”

  1. Blogger WhiteFade 

    that is the cutest easter-argyle i've ever seen! if only it came in cable-knit...
    glad to know you're feelin better lady - and if i knew of any songs sung to an Autumn or an Aspen - i'd belt them to my mom in honor of you guys!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh, I'm so glad the casting is over...and I hope you're feeling better, Aspen!
    Daven does look SO handsome in his Easter garb. How fortunate that he was born into such a fashion-conscious family... :)

  3. Blogger Becca 

    Thanks for the comment...it's nice to know someone looks. Daven is too cute. Looks like the Easter Bunny gave you guys a visit.

    Becca

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives