LOOK MOM!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday I witnessed one of the most precious moments I have had since becoming a mother. When I got home from work, I went to see Daven in his crib. He was laying on his back munching on his bottle. When he saw me; he instantly rolled over to his belly, pushed and pulled himself up to a sitting position, and looked over to me with the biggest smile. I knew exactly what he was saying…”Look what I can do mom!” Oh how I will cherish this moment for years to come!

Daven spent the day and weekend with his GranPa, GranMama, and Auntie Shayla. There were down from Oklahoma to see those precious grandsons of theirs. And we were happy to show them off! Saturday was a big Marshall family reunion. So we all loaded up and headed down to the local memorial building to meet and greet as many old family members as we possibly could. (And I mean nothing when I say old…we spoke to all ages!) This is Daven enjoying a scooter ride by Logan’s cousin Janette. How precious is this? He loved her and she loved him! I think they were both having the time of their lives!



On Sunday we went to church and like always, he didn’t think the preaching was worth sitting still for. So, we spent the hour in the nursery play room. I sat Daven by the box o’ toys just to see what he would do. Much to my surprise, he reached in and started emptying out that box. I was thrilled watching him empty something, anything out! I have watched a “normal” developing child do this many times, mostly annoyed…but when Daven did it, I was overjoyed! He emptied that box out until he found every “spinner” in the place. I was lucky enough to bring the camera along (only because grandparents were there) to catch this exciting feat!



Needless to say, we had a super busy weekend. There are too many good pictures to share with you at once. I don’t want to overwhelm you with amazingly cute pictures of Daven…so I will only share some for now. One of Daven looking up at his GranPa is so great. You can see all over his face how much he loves him!


We love you and miss you and can’t wait to see you again; GranPa, GranMama, and Auntie Shayla!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


5 Responses to “LOOK MOM!”

  1. Blogger Nancy 

    How funny--I have almost the exact same photo of Erik reaching into his toy box for the first time. That was an exciting day! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Woo hoo!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It was so great to see everyone this weekend and as usual the weekend passed too quickly. We had a great time. It was such a joy to keep Daven and get to experience one of his first. Isn't it amazing though, when life throws you a little kink like his back brace issue, God gives you something great to focus on like Daven sitting up on his own. His smile is enough to light up your life and the look he gives of love is one you never forget. I am such a blessed aunt. I will be sending more pics to you soon. We Love ya Logie, Aspie & Daven!!! Can't wait to see you again.

  3. Blogger Lisa 

    Those are great pictures...Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Daven is such a big boy, give kisses from us.

  4. Blogger Kerry 

    Love the pics with GranPa.. I love those inter-generational moments.

    You must be so proud of Daven! Funny, it's like he's thinking, "Okay, I guess I'll do my new trick now!" Congrats!!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I just read about Daven and his good news!!! I am so happy for you and congrats!!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives