I Take it Back


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, I have to renege on what I said about Daven and not being mobile. Last night, I had Daven in his walker as I was busy cooking dinner. I was cooking away not thinking about anything else in the world when I hear Daven starting to move around in his walker. Still not thinking much I then hear him crash into something. So I peak around the corner to check on him and his fingers were red. I panicked thinking he was bleeding and couldn’t figure out what it was coming from.

As I am franticly searching for the source of the blood, I noticed a strong cinnamon smell??? “What in the world?” I was saying to myself. Then I started looking around and he had gotten far enough to reach the end table. On that table I have a warming plate that heats up wax to fill the room with a sweet smell of…cinnamon.

Sure enough, my inspection lead to this…


Unfortunately, I didn't grab the camera before I had him all cleaned up. That would have been a great picture!

Thank goodness that I did not have the warming plate on and wax hot. I guess I really need to start paying more attention to my now somewhat mobile child. I forget that he isn’t just a baby that plays in the floor without going too far.

My big boy will soon be getting into many more things that I will be chasing after him saying “No, Daven…” Again, I look forward to this day. What little I already do makes me smile on the inside.

Happy Friday everybody!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


5 Responses to “I Take it Back”

  1. Blogger Lisa 

    Oh No time to baby proof...LOL I am not looking forward to that again. Sweet curious little Daven getting into Mommy's things. LOL

  2. Blogger Nancy 

    Erik always empties out the one bathroom cupboard without a lock on it. I think having rolls of toilet paper strewn about the living room gives things such a homey, casual feel. The rest of the house is like Fort Knox and I let him have his fun in that little corner. Besides, TP rolls so nicely. Congrats on your mobile boy! This could be the first part of that big surge I was talking about! xoxoxoxox

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    what a great picture. i at first imagined it to be like a huge nose and a small smile captured in the wax...but then i thought...nahhh...
    lol

    i just wanted to tell you that i deeply respect you and admire your strength as a woman, a mom, and as a human being. i can't imagine ever being in your shoes but i do know that even having this opportunity to KNOW you...is a blessing. you warm the lives of everyone around you.
    keep up the blogging.
    love - sarah =)

  4. Blogger Kerry 

    I remember having such nice candles and knick-knacks out... then I had Michael who walked at 10 months and was into everything. Eight years later, those candles and fancy holders are still put away and not about to come out yet with Brady right around the corner doing his thing! Ah... the house of a family!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    All I have to say is make sure you put any containers of vaseline up WAY high.........BIG MESSES...I have seen this happen first hand!Not good!

    lovelovelove
    (you thief!)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives