"HAPPY FORFA JULY!"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




You may or may not know that WS children tend to have a hard time with loud noises, due to their sensitive ears. So, I am sure you will understand my concern last night as we are hiking across town to take Daven to see the amazing fireworks show. As we sat waiting anxiously I got more and more nervous about how he would handle the inevitable loud boom.

Much to my surprise he did amazing! He loved watching the first minute or two but as the booms got louder he got more skeptical of the situation. I pulled him out of his stroller and just held him to let him know things were okay and he could enjoy the pretty sparkles instead of fear them. That seemed to do the trick! Towards the end of the show he started to get a little grumpy and ready to go, I am sure he was simply tired. Bed time is normally around 8:00 pm and by this time it was around 9:25 pm.

Once we finally got home and Daven into his bed, the neighbors chimed in on their personal fireworks show. I truly feared they were going to come crashing through the house. Daven, at this point, was done with fireworks. So we finally put him in our bed and turned on the static tv to muffle the booms a bit. (Static tv has been calming him down since he was about 3 months old.) Once he calmed down listening to the soothing sound of static tv, he crashed out!

All in all, we had a great day off! Logan was off, so we went over to a friends house and had a BBQ and enjoyed a relaxing day.

In the midst of the fireworks display a child near us yelled out “THANK YOU GOD!” I just couldn’t get over how precious that was. But how true, Thank You God for this great nation! (Oh and the fireworks too.)

LOVE LOVE LOVE


3 Responses to “"HAPPY FORFA JULY!"”

  1. Blogger Lisa 

    AWE...I am glad you all had a good time. Isn't family time great :)

  2. Blogger Kerry 

    What great pictures! He's such an adorable little one. Happy 4th!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi Aspen and Daven!
    I hear ya about the fireworks. We were at the lake all day on the 4th and Jaxson was doing great until it was time to leave and we were packing up and then this HUGE SONIC BOOM went off and he just covered his little ears with his little hands and was saying "LOUD, LOUD, LOUD"! I explained to him what it was (a firework) and the whole way home he kept saying "No more fireworks..no more fireworks" It was sort of cute but I felt terrible for him and his little ears!
    Your pictures are adorable and I love your blog. Keep it up. E-mail me anytime:)
    Susan
    MOM to Ethan-4
    Jaxson-3 (Williams)
    Aspen-5 months
    srohde@eidebailly.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives