Who's the Boss?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



If you have been reading for a while now, you will remember me mentioning a new boss. That new boss officially starts Monday. Need-less-to-say, I am starting to get sweaty palms about it. I can’t seem to flush away that nervous and sick feeling.

I feel confident in my job and what I do. I know the “ins and outs” of this College. However, things with Daven are just different now. I am not always 100% focused and can easily be distracted. When a big doctor’s appointment is coming or test results on the way…I tend to zone out and panic. I am sure other moms understand what I mean by this. Also, when doctors appointments tend to stack up, this means lots of time off. I have the available medical leave and TONS of vacation time off, but I need for “new boss-man” to be comfortable with me leaving as needed.

I just wanted to see if everyone reading can send good vibes and prayers my way throughout the coming weeks, as “new boss-man” and I get to know each other and get comfortable with each other. My first line of duty is to educate him about my situation and inform him that I can be a great employee while also being a great mother.

Lord, please be with me during the next few weeks. Give me the words to help “new boss-man” understand who I am and who Daven is. Help me to stay strong and focused while at work and be at peace while at home. You have blessed me with a great job, and I know you will bless me with an understanding and compassionate boss.

Thanks for listening and for your prayers. I hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next week!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


2 Responses to “Who's the Boss?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    We're praying that the transition goes smoothly! (However, I do recommend that you give yourself a break by immediately lopping off the appendages which hold the iron and the frying pan. This should significantly cut down on your stress level...) We know you're fabulous, and there's no doubt that the new boss will recognize that right off the bat! Deep breath...

  2. Blogger Nancy 

    You GO, girl! I am thinking and praying for you and hope you will be pleasantly surprised. I think the anticipation is what kills us, not the actual change. Roll with it, and you will be fine. I do agree with Natalie about losing the iron and frying pan, though. I think the last time I touched an iron was in 1986.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives