Spur-of-the-moment Road Trip


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday I talked for a minute with Uncle T and he mentioned Autumn. She had planned on ridding with a group of friends to Denver and was going to see both our brothers, sister-in-law and Cousin Tia. I started to sulk because I was the only sibling that wouldn’t be in Denver this weekend.

I then started to think…why am I not going? Was I simply not invited? Do I have somewhere to be at this weekend? When I couldn’t come up with an answer for any of the questions I was pondering, I decided, THAT’S IT…I am going to Denver!

Subsequently within the past hour, I have conned GranZ and Auntie Autumn to get in the car with Daven and I for an impromptu road trip. From Clovis, Denver is about an eight hour drive. The plan is to throw clothes in the car (literally), throw Daven in the car (not so literally), and drive halfway tonight. We could easily be in Denver by mid morning on Saturday. Spend about 24 hours with the family then throw everything/everyone back into the car and head home mid day Sunday.

It will be a fast and furious trip, but I am getting excited. Not about the driving (I already have a 24 hour drive ahead of me next week!), but to see all my siblings. I can’t even begin to tell you the fun that we always have when we are all together.

Keep us in your prayers as we head towards the mountain state. We will be there and back before you even knew we were gone!

Ready, Set, Go…and we are off!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


7 Responses to “Spur-of-the-moment Road Trip”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hmmm...you know that Omaha is only 12 hours away from Clovis... (Just some handy information next time you're in the mood for an "impromptu road trip"!) :) Love you! Have fun!

  2. Blogger Nancy 

    The last spur of the moment road trip I took was to Reno, Nevada. I was probably 22 or so. I went to a fraternity party and ended up calling in sick to work from Susanville, California the next morning after my friends drove all night. I spent 2 action-packed days in Reno without any food, money, toothbrush, or even a change of clothing, but it was a blast (Remember Julia Roberts and her friend in Pretty Woman eating the cocktail cherries and olives from the bar when they were starving to death?). Those days are SO over, but Erik is up for a road trip anytime, and I am now reminded we are due! I love the traveling bug! Have a safe trip and report back when you get home. Love, Nance

  3. Blogger Kati 

    I hope you have a great time!!! Funny: here, in Hungary I can't drive 8 hours, because max. 4 hours and I leave the country... :)))))))

  4. Blogger Lisa 

    Wow you are just a traveling Diva I do not even thing I can keep up with you all :) Just think by mid Augest you'll have been all over this great country...So glad I can be a pit stop.
    I wish you could pick me up and we could keep going...ther are a bunch of people and places I would like to see too. Darn work always cramping my style :)

  5. Blogger Kerry 

    Have a blast!! Take tons of pictures and have a great time!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hope you have a great trip!!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Have a great, safe trip!!! Spur of the moment trips are the best!!!! Love ya!!!
    Amanda

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives