A Friend for the Journey


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It has been a hard few days for our tight knit WS community. News of a sick little boy has made our hearts skip a beat and reminded us how fragile our precious children can be. (Please see Nancy http://www.heartofafamily.blogspot.com/ or Lisa’s http://emmaandtatum.blogspot.com/ blog for further details.) While thinking about all the “what if’s” I was remind of a story that I read not too long ago about God being right beside us through thick and thin. I am lucky to have such amazing friends to talk with, ask questions to, and simply to share wonderful stories. I will forever be grateful to them for that.

I am also blessed to have a friend and supporter by my side each and everyday. No matter where I am or what time of day it is, HE is there. No matter what Daven is going through, HE is there protecting him. I know that my hope for Daven’s future gives me power to get through the present. Putting Daven and his health in Gods hands is the only way I can make it through today. That is what gives me peace.

God is Cheering for You
by Max Lucado

God is for you. Not “may be,” not “has been,” not “was,” not “would be,” but “God is!” He is for you. Today. At this hour. At this minute. As you read this sentence. No need to wait in line or come back tomorrow. He is with you. He could not be closer than he is at this second. His loyalty won’t increase if you are better nor lessen if you are worse. He is for you.

God is for you. Turn to the sidelines; that’s God cheering your run. Look past the finish line; that’s God applauding your steps. Listen for him in the bleachers, shouting your name. Too tired to continue? He’ll carry you. Too discouraged to fight? He’s picking you up. God is for you.

God is for you. Had he a calendar, your birthday would be circled. If he drove a car, your name would be on his bumper. If there’s a tree in heaven, he’s carved your name in the bark. We know he has a tattoo, and we know what it says. “I have written your name on my hand,” He declares (Isa. 49.16).

May God put his hands over each and every WS child. Keep them safe, keep them healthy, and give the weak strength. May He be with my dear friends and protect their families.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


2 Responses to “A Friend for the Journey”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What a nice thing to keep reminding yourself...Thanks Aspen :) Much Love

  2. Blogger Kerry 

    How refreshing! Sometimes you do forget you have somebody with you - just have some faith and you can see he is there :)
    Love -K

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives