Out of Sorts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Being out of touch for so long now, has left me with a serious case of writers block. The snow is finally starting to melt away, however still pilled up in front of my house. I was excused from work for two full days which meant a nice long four day weekend! As soon as I returned to work, I was summoned for Jury Duty again. And I have been there ever since. I cannot tell you anything about the trial yet, I can only say that I feel so out of sorts! The trial is expected to last another three days. Then I vow to stay on top of Daven’s blog and get back to posting regularly.

I did want to tell you that I miss you all and I am trying my hardest to read all that I can in the little time that I have. You and this blog are my sense of reality and comfort. Just as Nancy mentioned, the feeling of isolation has been haunting me for over a week now. My connection to you and your children turn that loneliness into companionship.

A few updates on Daven. He is now giving “High 5’s,” putting things “in” all the time, slowly eating a little more (applesauce, papaya, mixed berries and such), and is pulling up to stand all the time. Once we get the standing position down, I hope that walking will be close behind! Though, however, still a ways away.

I will be in touch soon. I love and miss you all.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


7 Responses to “Out of Sorts”

  1. Blogger Nancy 

    I miss you so much! I hope that this trial is over soon and that you can be in the "real world" again.

    Hang in there, baby!

  2. Blogger Nicole 

    I've missed you too Aspen!! All of you and your kids are my "soft place to fall". Yikes I just quoted Dr. Phil, that's pathetic!! Anyway, I had a crazy week and could barely keep up as well. Daven is doing so great. Can't wait till you get back to us regularly again!! Love ya.

  3. Blogger Kati 

    We missed you so much!
    Hurray for the new updates!!! You'll see, when he is in standing position confidently, soon he'll take his first steps!!! Prepare the camera!!!! :))))
    Szabi is sending a virtual high-5's to Daven !!!
    Love, Kati

  4. Blogger Lisa 

    Good greif enough withthe jury duty tell them that you are needed for bridge in the cyber neighborhood.....

    I am psyched about Daven...HIGH FIVE!!!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That is where you have been!?! I have been so lost!!! I get online to check and see if my friend is around to im and nothing! No you, no Daven updates, nothing!! I miss my friend! I am not allowing anymore snow or jury duty. your public awaits you!

    Saralyn

  6. Blogger Kerry 

    I was wondering where you were - it's very frustrating that I can't go "drop in" with some cookies to see how you are when I can't read you :) I can't beleive you have Jury Duty again!

    Daven sounds like he is doing FABULOUS and I am so excited!!!!! Good work, lil' man!

  7. Blogger Teresa and Shawn 

    It's been so quiet from your neck of the woods. Jury duty again??

    Daven looks so grown-up in his photo. Oh my gosh. Much older than two!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives