BIRTHDAY BOY!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It started in the late afternoon. Contractions started coming every ten minutes or so. We knew our little man would be on the way soon, but we were in for a long night. So, after consulting with my sister we went to the mall for a little mall walking. Yes, that is true. We walked the mall for a good two hours. I then went home enjoyed a nice dinner made by my mother in law (fajitas if I remember correctly.)

After dinner, I could feel the contractions coming on strong. After a nice long bath, I called Logan and told him it was time for him to come home from work so we could make the ten minute trek to the hospital. We checked in on December 27 at 10 pm. Two hours and two pushes later, our precious Daven Tate had arrived. December 28 at 12:24 am he was finally placed in my arms after nine long months. He was beautiful in every sense of the word. Itty bitty, but perfect!

Looking back now two years later, how the time has flown by. Our life has changed in obviously more than one way. Daven is still as precious as he was on that memorable night.

Tonight we had an amazing second birthday party for this very special boy. It was a giant success. Last year my memories of his birthday include, Daven screaming after his hands touched the icing, trying my hardest not to curl up in the corner and cry, and simply trying to keep Daven calm. However, this year was an absolute different story.

Daven was amazing. He LOVED every single toy. He LOVED all the guests at his party. He LOVED (okay well not loved per-se but licked his lips) when I gave him a dab of dairy free ice cream. I feel as though I will always have anxiety about throwing Daven a birthday party, but overall, this year was a huge success!

Again, I am sorry there aren’t any pictures yet. I will get to those as soon as they are downloaded onto my computer. I am currently working off of Autumn’s laptop (YES AUTNIE AUTUMN IS HERE!!!) and haven’t even been to my home in about 10 days. (Oh how I miss my bed, but I must spend every second possible with my family even if it means sacrificing my own bed.)

So, happy birthday my son. I am so proud of your huge growth this year. You are surprising more everyday. We love you more than the entire world…and back again. Happy birthday to our BIG BOY!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


9 Responses to “BIRTHDAY BOY!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    HAPPY B-DAY DAVEN!!! I have been so preoccupied with Tatums being sick I did not even mail the card that is on my adining room table...oops I miss you have fun withthe fam :)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Happy birthday, Daven! We love you!

    Are you sure you were walking the mall just to get labor going, or were you doing some last-minute shopping so you would look fabulous in the hospital? I suspect the latter. What a wonderful story.

    Love you!

  3. Blogger Nicole 

    For some reason I have tears when I read your post. Happy tears because a birth and a birthday is so special and will never be forgotten. I am so happy for you that this birthday party went so well and Daven is such a sweet, happy boy. Happy Birthday Daven Tate!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yay for the birthday boy! Can't wait to see the pictures! Wish we could've been there...

    Love you all tons!

  5. Blogger Kerry 

    Happy happy birthday!!!!!! Wow, time certainly flies by! Hope Daven's second year is a fabulous one!

  6. Blogger Teresa and Shawn 

    Happy Birthday, Daven! I am glad you loved your party!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Happy Birthday, sweetie! It's bittersweet, isn't it, when you look back at our kids' birthdays. We were so oblivious to any problems when Ava was born. Just assumed her issues were a minor bump in the road. Yet, those same "issues" make our kids the most precious gift anyone could ever want. Congratulations to all of you for your perseverance and love, love, love to Daven!

    Happy New Year!

    Love, Kim

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVEN!!!! Wow the big 02! Glad to hear his party was such a success.

  9. Blogger Amy 

    Arg! I have been gone, I was thinking happy thoughts for your b-day boy however. I didn't forget you guys, give Daven a big drooly kiss from Av!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives