Glimpse of Williams Syndrome


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just got home from a holiday brunch. (Thanks B for the invite!) It was so fun, light, and great just to sit around a table and giggle with an old friend. It did get me to thinking on my way home. I am not a social butterfly like some and I don’t tend to smile at any and all passerbies. However, during the holiday season…I tend to hold my head up high, walk a little taller, and greet all that walk by with, at the very least, a warm Christmas smile.

Thinking about my actions and about the holiday season I started to wonder. Is this what it feels like to have the personality of a Williams Syndrome person? I find myself during this time of year wanting to love everybody and spread holiday cheer to everyone around me. Is that not what a WS person feels on a daily basis? Is the Joy around the world at Christmas time what a WS child wants for their own life? After all, there is no such thing as a “stranger” to any WS person. They know no strangers!

While considering this and wondering all morning long…I made a vow to myself. I promise to be social, kind, and loving to all people no matter the time of year. The kindness of the world should not only last one month. Let it carry on for an entire year. I make that vow to myself today.

One More Sleep Till Christmas
By Kermit

There's magic in the air this evening
Magic in the air
The world is at her best you know
When people love and care
The promise of excitement is one the night will keep
After all, there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas

The world has got a smile today
The world has got a glow
There's no such thing as strangers
When a stranger says hello
And everyone is family we're having so much fun
After all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas

'Tis the season to be jolly and joyous
With a burst of pleasure we feel it arrive
It's the season when the Saints can employ us
To spread the news about peace and to keep love alive

There's something in the wind today
That's good for everyone
Yes, faith is in our hearts today
We're shinin' like the sun
And everyone can feel it, the feelin's runnin' deep
After all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas
After all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas
Day

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Now and all year long.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


3 Responses to “Glimpse of Williams Syndrome”

  1. Blogger Nancy 

    Sometimes I wonder what it feels like, too.

    I think the people with WS are the "normal" ones. It's the rest of us that really need work. They are how people should be.

    Merry Christmas!

  2. Blogger Kerry 

    I COMPLETELY agree with Nancy! I think one reason why I am more at ease with Brady having William's is because I think he will lead a happier life. As long as there are people around Daven that care - and there will be - how can he go wrong? :)
    Good luck on your vow - I think it's a great way to start the Xmas season.
    Love -K

  3. Blogger Kati 

    What a great pics of Daven!!!!
    You are right, I hope our kids will be happy in their life! I only afraid of the what if people just see the developmental delays and not that sunny personality what we see???

    Love, Kati

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives