Buttons Galore


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday was an amazing day for Daven. He had two GREAT therapy sessions while learning lots of new tricks. He actually signed “MORE!” We have been working on this sign language since March. So to finally see that he is grasping the concept of sign language is amazing! He also walked about 6 feet holding on with only one hand. He stood by himself for 4 seconds. I could go on and on. He had one of the best days that he has had in a very long time! Development is really starting to progress and I am anxious to see more and more changes. I am also so very proud of him. He has been working hard with little to no fuss. He is starting to grow up and be such a big boy. The baby years are almost over. If we could only get the eating under control, he would officially be a BIG BOY!

Daven and I both called in sick on Tuesday. We decided it was a perfect day to play hooky. We just hung out in our jammies, played, sung, and cuddled all day long. It was such a great day to make a “connection” with my son all over again. Every now and then I have to remind myself why being a mother is so fun. It might sound horrible for me to say, but I get so wrapped up in work and just the every day life…that sometimes I don’t stop myself to actually enjoy motherhood. But, Tuesday…I was reminded! Here we are enjoying the day together. Yes, this is me trying to take more self-portraits. HA! Keep in mind I had to take about 10 of these pictures to get one that was half way decent. HA!

Daven has also mastered the art of “buttons.” He has learned to crawl to the entertainment center, open the doors, and push the button on Logan’s Xbox. He knows that by pushing this button, it will open and close…open and close…open and close. (You get the picture!) I have watched him do this for a full 10 minutes. So funny! Logan finally ended up unplugging the Xbox. It is now only a matter of time before he learns to do that on the DVD player. Sigh. I have to say, I love every second of it. So fun to watch!

Friday is finally here! I made it though the week without any jury duty. Except for Tuesday when I called in sick. I was supposed to have jury duty that day…but completely forgot! Opps! They are probably making out the warrant for my arrest as I type. If you don’t hear from me next week, you might find me in an orange suit at the local detention center.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


5 Responses to “Buttons Galore”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Such a big boy! Only a few more weeks to teach him some more tricks! But even if he doesn't learn one more thing, I'll still be thrilled to see him!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Little stinker! He's getting so big! I'm so excited and proud of him! You will have your hands full tomorrow night with Luke there too. Great birth control...two boys getting into everything and scheming together! Partners in crime...LOVE IT!
    LOVE YOU!!!

  3. Blogger Nancy 

    Oh, Aspen, you delinquent, you. Do you get to keep those spa flip flops they give you in the slammer? It's almost worth it.

    I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your day with Daven and that he is progressing! Woo hoo!

    Love you, gurl.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That is my all time faveroit picture...I bet he is walking real soon oh such a big boy!!!! Love you

  5. Blogger Kerry 

    Love those sick days!!! He has the best look on his face in that pic. :)

    Being in jail is no excuse not to keep up with your blog. Make sur you get some library time and write to us :)

    Love -K

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives