Best Buds


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Because we spent a lot of the weekend with Micah, we got to spend a lot of time with Cousin Luke as well. Daven and Luke have been such great buddies lately. They love to chase after each other while crawling, they love to wrestle (Luke is usually the champ by crawling on top of Daven), and they just love playing with each others toys.

On this particular evening, Daven and Luke were playing quite nicely. Now that they are both pulling up on things, they ended up at Luke’s walker. We watched peaking around the corner while they were playing. No words were being said, but you could see all over their faces they were having a conversation. Daven reached up to show Luke how to spin the toys as fast as he possibly could. Luke simply stood beside him watching. Next Daven pulled away and looked at Luke as it to say…okay, you try. Sure enough Luke grabbed hold and started spinning away! Here is Daven congratulating Luke on his progress. I know he was saying "way to go Luke, you are a great student!" HA! We laughed about it the rest of the evening.

We also ended up putting them in the bath together. They loved splashing each other and playing in the bubbles. I know these boys are going to grow up and be such great friends! Luke is going to be a big boy! So I figure if Daven needs any help pushing away all the bullies, Luke will be right behind him protecting him. That is my hope at least.

We haven’t made any more strides on eating however. I haven’t seen any swallowing since last Wednesday, but I will continue to try. What else can you do but try…right? We did try the peanut butter and it didn’t go over as well as I had hoped. He didn’t hate it, but he sure didn’t love it. I think the peanut butter sticking to his fingers was a bigger problem than in his mouth. He was much more concerned about getting it off his hands rather than eating it. Sigh. I tried, I honestly tried.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


8 Responses to “Best Buds”

  1. Blogger Kati 

    Aspen! These pics are beautiful, they look like siblings!!!!
    Congratulations for you at eating and SWALLOWING, this is a big milestone, I was so happy while I read your blog and saw that Daven became such a big boy!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!
    Love, Kati

  2. Blogger Amy 

    I am VERY IMPRESSED. That is a spectacular communication milestone for Daven to be interacting with other kids, swallowing or not, he is making great strides. And at least you know he can do it if motivated enough!
    XOXO
    Amy

  3. Blogger Teresa and Shawn 

    That's great for Daven to have Luke. I must say that being around "typical" kids is awesome for our kids. Clare learns so much from Jamie and the two girls I babysit. In many ways, more than I or a million therapists could teach her.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Those boys are so good together I bet it was so cute to watch...and eating too, what a little man you have over there

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Now...those are some cute boys!! They are so good for each other...truely best buds! Kinda like their mommy's! We love you so much!

  6. Blogger Nicole 

    Love the pictures, especially the one with Daven's arm around Luke. What good buddies! Daven looks so grown up.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    We were out of town so I haven't read your blog in a few days so this is a little behind. First that is so cool that Daven swallowed!!! Wow, what a major accomplishment!!! Second your table was really cute! What a great idea, Merry Christmoose!!! And lastly, those two boys are way too cute! How sweet Daven is with Luke! Sounds like you guys are doing good!

    Love ya,
    Val

  8. Blogger Kerry 

    I thought I already posted... that is so adorable with his buddy Luke. You can totally see it in Daven's face! :)

    Peanut butter is such a funny consistency, even for s "typical" people! I am impressed that you tried it!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives