Bragging Rights


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Indulge me a moment to brag…

It was a busy weekend packed with holiday fun. Each year in our little community we enjoy an event called the “Holiday Happening.” Tables are elaborately decorated by very talented women and a crowd of over 500 comes to enjoy the function and to spread holiday cheer. Last year, I took Micah along with me for the first time. After talking about it for months, we decided that this year we might take a stab at decorating our own table. So, we did it!

My mother and grandmother have been decorating tables for YEARS now. Nine years to be exact. And every year, they have decorated at least 2 or 3 different tables each. A much bigger task than Micah and I were willing to take on. The theme we came up with was “Merry Christmoose!” Including a Moose Santa, Merry Christmoose sign, and Micah’s homemade Moose Munch to tie it all in. By putting our heads together, I would have to say that our table was one of the cutest tables there! (Other than mom and Monga’s of course!) We nervously decorated the table on Friday afternoon in hopes that it would all come together for a great presentation. While putting on the finishing touches, we took a step back to admire our creation. It was perfect!

Watching the talent flow from my mother and grandmother for so many years now, I was afraid that I had inherited NONE of that talent. After this weekend, I believe that I see a ray of hope in the talent department. Will we take on the task of decorating a table next year…NO! Okay, so maybe…ask me in a few months after I have forgotten all the stress that comes with the fun.

It was such a fun event and fun to enjoy the time with Micah. Love you Micah and thanks for all your help. It wouldn’t have come together without you!

MERRY CHRISTMOOSE EVERYONE!

LOVE LOVE LOVE



5 Responses to “Bragging Rights”

  1. Blogger taiautumn 

    Oh man! I didn't think I'd ever miss the Holiday Happening...but I DID!! All day Saturday I was thinking about you guys, and wishing I could be there. The table looks amazing! I can't wait to hear what you guys plan for next year. ;)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I love the Holiday Happening!! Wish I coulda been there. You guys did great! I'm a moose fan from way back... :)

  3. Blogger Kerry 

    Your table looked fabulous! Don't hide your craft-worthiness - it's there! :)

  4. Blogger Amy 

    Awesome table Martha! Haha(:
    Amy

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow What a table!!!! Very Cute

    Lisar LOL

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives