Christmas and Birthdays and Breakthrough's OH MY!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I suppose it hasn’t hit me that Daven is almost two until…oh, lets say 10 minutes ago! I was working on his birthday invitations still not thinking much about it, then I typed in “to celebrate Daven’s SECOND birthday.” I just stopped frozen in the typing position. Wait, NO that can’t be right. I remember typing “to celebrate Daven’s FIRST birthday,” it can’t already be time for a second birthday?!

Wow, how this year has seemed to fly by in some ways and slowly creep by in others! He has met some of my goals for him before his second birthday, and hasn’t met others. I will say that I am pleased with the growth I have seen in him over the past year and anticipate the next year ahead of us still!

Daven had an amazing eating session on Monday night. He ate almost half a jar of Gerber’s “mixed berries!” I know he swallowed at least 10 bites! I was so excited I could hardly stand it while jumping up and down cheering on every bite! I even called Logan in to watch because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I had to get another witness. We tried again last night with “fruit medley” and it didn’t go as well, but I know he still got some down him. Maybe this is a start to our eating breakthrough! Okay so this might be the 4th or 5th start to the eating breakthrough that I am hoping will come soon!

We had a nice lazy weekend. Logan went pheasant hunting so Daven and I got to enjoy some more one on one time with each other. Now that Logan is home with us on the weekends Daven and I don’t get much alone time. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Logan being at home on the weekends, but it is nice to enjoy a little mommy and son time. Those are when the precious moments happen. And yes, it usually involves lots of pictures.

Daven has only recently been interested in this toy. We have had it almost a year now and lately he has LOVED it and wants to cruse around on it, spin it and make it sing. How can you go wrong with this toy?! Granted, I see DANGER written all over it when he rides it like this. I foresee bonked heads and possibly broken bones. As much as I love watching him play like a big boy it does make me a bit nervous. Therefore, I watch him like a hawk when he decides that he wants to go for a ride.

Wait, is it already December 12?! I guess that means I better start Christmas shopping! When is the last day to pay for express shipping? Yikes!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


6 Responses to “Christmas and Birthdays and Breakthrough's OH MY!”

  1. Blogger Kerry 

    What adorable pics! He is so photogenic. I can't beleive he is almost TWO!

    That is great about the fruit- it sounds like he is doing better. Don't get discouraged! Remember - he may not "like" a certain food too. I'm pretty sure Brady doesn't like apricots.

    I love the Mommy and Son time - sometimes it's easier when the MEN are not around. ;)

    Love -K

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Don't worry you still have time for shipping...So glad he is eating good for ya, I bet he senses it is the holidays...I love the pics :)

  3. Blogger Nancy 

    Oh, he looks so grown up!

    :)

  4. Blogger Teresa and Shawn 

    That is the exact same riding toy that is Clare's absolute favorite! Jamie has a fire truck and they ride around the house together. It is so sweet! She just learned how to go forward and back and is now working so hard on turning corners with it. We've had many spills already!

    I can't believe all our little peanuts are turning 2!!

  5. Blogger Nicole 

    I love these pictures!! What a cutie. He will continue to improve with his eating, keep it up!!

  6. Blogger Amy 

    I feel your joy, thousands of miles away. You and Daven are doing so good, keep it up!
    XOXO
    Amy

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives