Experiencing Turbulence


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been thinking for about three days now what I would say in my first post back from the big road trip to Washington. I am overwhelmed with so many emotions and stories that I don’t even know where to begin. We saw so many amazing sites that I know it will take me a week to digest all that I have seen. We saw the Capitol Building, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, WW II Memorial, Georgetown, the National Cathedral, Vietnam War Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Union Station, The White House from a distance…and so much more.

We had a safe drive from Clovis, New Mexico to Urbana, Maryland. The official time was I believe somewhere around 24 hours and 37 minutes. Give or take a few. (And with two time zone changes…sheesh, I really don’t have any idea if that is accurate or not.) All I have to say is thank goodness I didn’t have to drive home!

Nevertheless, I am so thrilled that I had the opportunity to spend that precious time with Autumn. I will miss her terribly, but at least now I know exactly where she is and what her daily routine is like. It is all so amazing and she is in her element there.

I held strong all weekend until I got on my flight going home. We had been going 100 miles an hour and I hadn’t even had a chance to stop and think about what I was actually doing in DC. Things were great I was eating my Turkey “Samich” (as the flight attendant called it) then out of nowhere…tears started pouring down my face. I realized that I was leaving my sister to go back home nearly 1600 miles away. I had no other solution but to cry.

Suddenly I herd a few giggly girls behind me, then WHAM…they had pushed my chair. They seemed to find it quite amusing to watch my head bob back and forth while they hit the back of my chair. I know if it would have been little kids, I would have been much more tolerant to this behavior. HOWEVER, these were not 6 or 7 year old kids. I know they had to be 18 or 20 year old women. I could feel the flames brewing as I thought to myself…OHHH, today is not the day to be pushing my buttons, my friend. Finally, I had had enough. I sat up, turned around, and proceeded to shoot lasers at them out of my tear filled eyes. They looked terrified and never touched my seat or giggled again! HA!

I LOVE YOU and will miss you more than you will ever know, Autumn. We all give you hugs and kisses, and will be sending tons of prayers and good vibes in the northeast direction. I just hope you get them before somebody else snatches them up. (It is a long ways from Clovis, NM to Washington DC you know!)

It was however, so nice to get off that plane and see Logan and Daven waiting for me. I haven’t felt such a warm at home feeling until I saw those precious boys! I had forgotten how beautiful Daven was. He is truly one of the most beautiful boys in the word. (I know; I just traveled around the world.)

Okay, I have said more than enough for one day. There is always tomorrow to tell more…

LOVE LOVE LOVE


5 Responses to “Experiencing Turbulence”

  1. Blogger Nancy 

    With all that you experienced on your trip, it's no wonder you needed a good cry. Welcome home, Aspen!

    Love,
    Nancy

  2. Blogger Lisa 

    So Glad you made it home safe. You are such an amazing woman and it was my pleasure to get to meet you. Come back soon i miss you already. Love you lots!

  3. Blogger Kerry 

    Glad you had such an amazing trip and had time to yourself and with your sister. :)

  4. Blogger taiautumn 

    I can't believe you're already gone! I need my sister! I can't say thank you enough for helping me out here...I literally couldn't have done it without you. And I miss you terribly. The calendar isn't moving fast enough for me! Love you!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thank God you had a great trip I am glad you made it back SAFE! I am so glad you are back. You explain things so well that I even got a little emotional. LOL

    Blanca

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives