The Freshman Experience


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




What a busy weekend we have all had. A lot of my family came down to help move my Cousin Marc Andrew to Portales for his first year of College. Ah, the good ol’ days. He will be living with my grandparents (Monga and Ponga) while he attends school.

With a few family members in town we spent most of the weekend in Portales. Because the rain has been non-stop here for about 4 or 5 days now, we didn’t go out to do much. We simply sat and watched the rain, ate at a few local eateries (load on the grease please!) and enjoyed each others company. We also had a few discussions about Christmas. It is almost September you know, only 124 shopping days left. (Just a reminder to those who drew my name. Micah and Uncle Marc)

Daven loves having Marc around. He spent most of the day Sunday at our house playing and loving on Daven. Marc is surprisingly great with children (most boys at that age run from crying babies) and loves spending time with him. He made Daven work hard yesterday by trying to make him stand, walk, crawl and talk. I loved watching them both play and laugh.

I figured he could help me out a bit if he comes over on Sundays by keeping Daven company. I could cook, clean, grocery shop…all of those things without having to manage Daven at the same time. Giving me a few extra hours on Sunday would be a huge help. He hasn’t officially agreed yet, but I am sure he won’t mind. (Anything to dodge homework!) Thanks in advance Marc!

In other news, um let me think…well I guess I don’t have any other news. I still haven’t seen Daven stand up again, but he did take half a step trying to crawl on Saturday.

It was nice to see you all this weekend! We promise to take care of Marc. At the least, we will keep him busy!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


2 Responses to “The Freshman Experience”

  1. Blogger taiautumn 

    These pictures of Daven hanging out and smiling make me miss him so much!! I wish I could've been there this weekend.

  2. Blogger Kerry 

    You are so lucky- you seem to always be surrounded by family. That is so fabulous that people are near you - or at least visit you! :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives