Destiny Janelle Baccas


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For those of you that have been reading this blog for a while now, you will remember me talking about a friend at work that was 20 weeks pregnant with a downs syndrome girl. (Refer back to the “Words to Say?” post) An update for you that has been on my heart for two weeks now…

The doctors (a week after she got the downs diagnosis) told Ashly and her husband that the baby’s brain did not develop and she had water on her brain. The doctors explained to Ashly that her head would continue to grow as more and more water fills it up. Their concern being that this precious baby would not survive outside mommy’s tummy and would endanger Ashly in the process. The doctors asked Ashly and her husband to choose to terminate the pregnancy.

About 4 days later I went to Ashly’s office to stop in and say hi. See how she was doing. I would have never guessed what she was about to tell me. In all of my 26 years of life, this conversation was one of the hardest I have ever had to participate in. Ashly was scared, heartbroken, angry, and just wanted to run away and never have to make this decision.

To make a long exhaustingly heartbreaking story short, baby Destiny Janelle Baccas’s funeral was yesterday. It is terribly upsetting for me being away and having to miss the services. We got the word Thursday afternoon as we were headed up to Colorado; there was simply no way we could make it.

All I ask is that everyone reading this, take a minute to appreciate all that you have. In Ashly’s own words, who would have known that the downs syndrome diagnosis would have the great news? Yes, Daven will struggle for the rest of his life. Yes, we will have to jump over a few hurtles. Yes, times now seem bleak…BUT I do have him and he is the joy in my heart.

Dear Heavenly Father I come to you now asking that you hold your hands over Ashly and her family over the next few weeks. Please help them understand that you are holding that precious baby tight in your arms. Thank you for all that you do for us. In Jesus Name I pray….AMEN.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


7 Responses to “Destiny Janelle Baccas”

  1. Blogger Kerry 

    Destiny is in our prayers today and more... as well as Ashly and her family. How heartbreaking.

  2. Blogger Lisa 

    Oh how heartbreaking, my thoughts are totally with Ashly and her family. At some point I know this well all make sence I guess getting there is truly going to be hard.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You know, we don't have all of the anwsers why things like this happen. We don't understand nor do we want to even try, but Destiny is now in a place far better than what anyone on this earth could have given her. Our prayers are with Ashly and her husband. I am sorry Aspen, I know that this is hard for you too! Be careful coming home! Love you guys!

  4. Blogger Nancy 

    The only words that come to my mind make up the only Bible verse I ever remember -- one that has given me a lot of comfort in my own grieving over the years. There are no other words I can say except that I love you and am thinking of Ashly and her family.

    "Be still and know that I am" -- Psalm 46:10

  5. Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim 

    Oh, my heart breaks for your coworker and her family. Please let her know that she is in many prayers today.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I am so sorry to hear about Destiny. The family has been in my prayers since I read about it. Please let her know that her and her family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love
    Amanda

  7. Blogger Kati 

    My heart breaks again and again whil reading this kind of stories...
    There are no words to say...
    Destiny and her family is in my thoughts!

    Love, Kati

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives