Last Years Clothes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Lately, I have been using Daven’s clothes from last fall to dress him for this fall. I feel myself getting that blue feeling every time I dress him in last years clothes.

It all started when I was going through his closet getting ready to purge clothes and put things away in storage. After I started looking at different outfits and checking the sizes, it hit me…Daven can still wear these clothes! Sure enough as I slipped one pair of old pants on him, they could barely stay up. Between his itty bitty waist and lack of bottom, it is a constant battle to keep pants on him.

I have tried to think on the positive side, such as “he will get more use out of them” or “I won’t have to buy any new clothes.” Though, I just can’t seemed to get excited about Daven wearing 12 month, 9 month, and even 6 month clothing. It makes me terribly sad to think of my 21 month old fitting into clothes that he should have long since grown out of.

Now, if only I could fit into last years clothes…that is something to get excited about! HA!

On another note, Daven is SO close to crawling. Last night and today at lunch he took about 4 steps crawling. Cross your fingers people…I may have a crawler on my hands here in the next few days. I am hoping to push him hard this weekend to see if he will crawl even more. Once Daven realizes what he is doing, I know that he will love it and want to crawl more. Let’s hope at least.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


10 Responses to “Last Years Clothes”

  1. Blogger Lisa 

    Go Daven he'll be up and moving in no time I can not wait to here. The clothes thing is bitter sweet you do not have to spend money on more but you kinda want to. Tatum is so much smaller then Emma, she is just starting to fit in the stuff Em wore at 3m.

  2. Blogger Nancy 

    SO CLOSE! Daven is making great strides. Erik has no bottom, either, and there are some 12 month pants that will never stay up on him while others made for 18 months fit fine. He doesn't fill out 24-month bottoms yet.

    I bribed Erik to crawl with his binkie and got it on video!

    xoxox
    Nance :)

  3. Blogger Kerry 

    That's AWESOME about Daven crawling... go, go, go!!

    I know about the clothes... I am sick of some clothes because we have been wearing them ALL year! Brady is finally starting to grow out of 3-6 month pjs, but the 3 month pants still fit great!!

    I wish I could wear last year's clothes... oops make that the year before (I was pregnant last year!!)
    Love -K

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good job Daven. I just know on your next post you will be saying "he is officially crawling"!!
    Jaxson, who turned THREE in June, wears 12 month pants and they are too big in the waist. The problem is they are a little bit like "high waters" if you know what I mean:) So we buy him 18 month pants and put a BIG fat safety pin in them. For shirts he can usually wear 18 month but some 12 month shirts fit fine. This summer when we went to the waterpark his swim trunks were 6 months and they were a little big:)
    My husband always gets a kick out of the fact that he can get his hands around Jaxson's waist. We just have "petite" little guys!
    Have a great weekend and let us know about the crawling.
    susan

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Who needs pants anyway? Ya just can't get it right with that article of clothing...so why can't we just all go without pants? Ewwww! I just had a flash of reality and I think I threw up a little in my mouth! Although baby buns sure are cute! My fingers are crossed that there will be a crawling post soon. Love the pictures of the cutest kid in the entire world!!!!

  6. Blogger Kati 

    I cross my finger to Daven! Maybe he is crawling since your last blog-note!!!! Beautiful photo of him while trying very hard to crawl!!!! Good job, Daven!!!
    Oh, I know this itty bitty waist and lack of bottom.... hahhh, Szabi always has problems with pants.... :)

    Love,Kati

  7. Blogger Amy 

    Hip hip hooray for Daven! Zoom zoom zoom, time to child proof...your whole life is going to be tuned upside down in the next couple weeks as Daven finds new things to explore as he CRAWLS this way, that way, and out of your sight. For the first time you are going to lose your child, and scamper around the house looking for him!! Also, NO is going to become a common word, finally as you try to save your little one from playing with things he shouldn't, like cords, pet food, and knives. Haha just kididng about the knives. Such an exciting time for you and Logan, and am just brimming with joy for you all.

    XOXO!
    Amy

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, I have a cure for the small waist... Levis (Dillards) with adjustable waistband!!! Amazing invention! I sure do love you! Give that big boy a big fat kiss for me!!

  9. Blogger taiautumn 

    If Daven crawls to me next weekend, I might just pee my pants with excitement! Heck, I might just pee my pants with excitement anyway. HA! Love you!

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Go, Go G-O, Go Daven Go!!

    That is so great that he is about to crawl!!

    We have the small waist problem with Tyler so Levi's are the best to help with that!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives