Lullaby


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




After Daven put himself to sleep last night, I went into his room to check on him. I simply smiled and chuckled to myself when I looked at him. He was so tired, this was the position he fell asleep in within ten minutes of putting him down in his crib. While watching him sleep, I couldn’t help but notice how peaceful he looked. He had no cares or worries in the world.

As I worry about Daven’s future and his dreams that may or may not come true, I hold his peaceful times so dear to my heart. I am terrified that Daven will have many trials and heartaches in his lifetime. While there is nothing I can do to prevent every trial and heartache, I shall do my motherly duty to protect him as much as possible from the great bully’s of the world.

But for now, sleep tight my precious boy…sleep tight.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

"Lullaby" By, Dixie Chicks
The didn’t have you where I came from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I’m never, never giving you up

I slip in bed when you’re asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there’ll be so much to do
So tonight I’ll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I’m never, never giving you up

As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you’re miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I’m never, never giving you up


4 Responses to “Lullaby”

  1. Blogger Lisa 

    AWWWWW....So beautiful

  2. Blogger taiautumn 

    Bawling...in my que-be...bawling. I miss him...still crying.

  3. Blogger Kerry 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  4. Blogger Kerry 

    What a great song! I don't know it, but the words are beautiful. I love watching them when they are asleep... how funny I took pics of Brady last night while he was.

    It's those peaceful times that I look and think, "gee, there's nothing different with him at all."

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives