44 hours and counting...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yes, in 44 hours or less, I will once again be reunited with my long lost sister. Okay so that was a little dramatic. But this has been the longest that Auntie Autumn and I have ever been apart. 10 weeks to be exact. She is flying into Denver to see new Baby Raney and the rest of the family. Naturally, I couldn’t imagine her being this close without driving to meet her. So we are once again headed off for a road trip.

I am starting to get this packing thing down. (Note to self: it is COLD in Colorado!) I know the essentials and quick tips to cram baby loot into small spaces. We will be headed out by midday tomorrow and headed back late Sunday. Total time spent with Autumn will be about 24 hours. Driving 16 hours (round trip) is a small price to pay to see her.

I am also excited about showing off Daven and all his new “tricks!” Let’s just hope that he does some of those tricks for her. Such as standing up and crawling. Daven is so unpredictable when or if he does these things. I know he always looks up at me as if to say “I AM NOT YOUR CIRCUS FREAK, MOM!” I am just so excited about his growth that I want to show it off to everybody!

It has been a quiet week. Logan and I have been busy trying to help with PapaT and GranZ’s remodeling project. We spent the evening with them last night painting and painting. With my messy painting style…I was covered from head to toe in paint. Luckily it seemed to wash off fairly easily with only minor scrubbing.

This week I also got to see an old friend that was in town for a few days. She has been one of my BFF’s since way back in our high school days. We haven’t seen each other since before Daven was diagnosed. I think we both understand that we are truly two different people now, but there will always be a deep connection between us. Here is Daven playing with her daughter Abbi. I have loved Abbi since she was born and it was amazing to see her as such a grown up girl. (Almost 4 now!) Daven seemed to love playing with her. I think he was born with a flirting gene, because that boy sure can flirt with all the beautiful girls! (Notice how he is leaning in for her kiss!)

I hope everyone is having a great week!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


6 Responses to “44 hours and counting...”

  1. Blogger taiautumn 

    I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!! Daven is going to get some serious hugs and kisses from me...more than he probably wants, that is for sure!

    The new pictures of Daven and Abbi are way too cute for words! Such cute kids.

    I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!

  2. Blogger Lisa 

    I am so glad you are getting to see Autumn she is going ot just cry when she sees all Davens tricks. I bet he is at the top of his gamem this weekend, I am sure he misses Auntie Autunm too and wants to show off. I want to come :) Cateful wearing pumps in the snow:P

    Love ya, Lisa

  3. Blogger Nancy 

    I think you were a long haul truck driver in a former life. Do you ever have cravings for truck stop food? I do, but it's only hormones.

    BE CAREFUL and HAVE FUN.

    Love,
    Nance

  4. Blogger Nicole 

    Have fun!! You must miss your sister so much. It is so tough to be far from family. Have a wonderful trip. Love, Nicole

  5. Blogger Kerry 

    Have a great time!!! The pics are so adorable.. it's nice to have those friends who knew you way back when...

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I am so happy for you guys!! Daven, be sure to show off everything!!
    You guys be careful and have tons of fun!!
    Love ya
    Amanda

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives