Focus on the Family


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We had an amazing weekend in Denver. Daven was a champ through all the commotion and loved playing with Tia. Once Auntie Autumn got there, he looked at her and with bright eyes gave her a huge smile and reached for her. I know he was saying “Where’ve you been all my life?” (I’ve looked for you forever and a day. Where’ve you been…I’m just not myself when you’re away.) It was so great to see him light up. He knew exactly who she was and just wanted to be with her. Once we started making our way to the hotel room, Autumn was talking to everyone (while holding Daven) and explaining how her flight and trip was. He then grabbed her face and moved it so she was looking at Daven again and just smiled and kissed her. Very precious moments!

When time is spent with my family like this weekend, I am reminded how lucky I am to have such a supportive and loving family. We didn’t do anything spectacular, we didn’t go out and have big parties; we simply hung out (in the hotel room) and enjoyed each others company. That has to say something about our love for each other.

Auntie Autumn got all the Daven and Tia and Raney time she wanted. He did show her all his new tricks and Autumn was as excited to see them as Daven was to show her. There aren’t many things that rank higher on Autumn’s priority list than Daven time. I was so happy to see him love on her as much as he did. He knew that his time with her was limited…so he took every chance he could to just look at her face. Here they are enjoying every minute of the day together.

It was great to see her and I only cried from Denver to Colorado Springs. Pretty good I thought.

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALREADY! Christmas is coming soon…

LOVE LOVE LOVE



7 Responses to “Focus on the Family”

  1. Blogger Lisa 

    OH how cute!!!! I love that you all got to be together...The pic are priceless

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The pics. were so cute!! You make me want to cry!! I am so glad that you have a great family that is truly very supportive of you and your family! I am so happy that you guys got to spend some very quality family time together! The boots on Daven were adorable!!! :) :)
    Love ya
    Amanda

  3. Blogger Kati 

    What great pics!!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time together!!! :)
    Daven is crawling better and better every day, isn't he??? He is so cute!

    Love, Kati

  4. Blogger Kerry 

    It must have been a LONG ride back home, Aspen. It is so great you were able to spend time together, but now you need to start counting for Christmas!

  5. Blogger Amy 

    Your weekend sounds amazing, the simple things in life are always the best!
    XOXO
    Amy

  6. Blogger taiautumn 

    First of all, I want to say thanks for putting that nice butt shot of me up...precieate it. If I wasn't so happy to be spending time with Daven, the consequences of posting that picture would be much worse. I don't think this weekend could've been any better...Daven is such a big boy and making huge strides in becoming a little man. I love you and Daven and the whole family sooooo much.
    Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat!

  7. Blogger Nicole 

    What a wonderful family you have. Daven is adorable and he looked so happy!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives