Ring of Fire


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Let me start off by saying Happy Monday to you all. Not that I am having a good Monday particularly, but my wish is for you to have a good Monday. Anywho.

Our weekend was pretty busy. We spent a quick minute or two at the College’s Halloween Carnival. Daven was SO CUTE! I will be showing off those pictures tomorrow for the official HAPPY HALLOWEEN post. (insert evil Halloween laugh here)

Friday night we ended up running out to get a few rentals so we could spend the evening together. The movie was okay at best, but the night was fantastic. We built our first official fire of the season. It wasn’t all that cold outside, but Logan thought it would add to the ambiance of the evening. It did! The best part about the fire, however, was Daven’s reaction to it.

He LOVED that fire. He crawled up to the fireplace as close we would allow and just wanted to sit and watch. His eyes were glued to that fireplace. He was fascinated by every part of it. When he would hear the wood pop and crack, he would jump slightly and then turn to look at us with a huge smile on his face. It was so precious just watching him watch the fire.



I do however see the negative in all this. I highly anticipate fighting to keep him OUT of the fireplace all winter long. We have an extra gate over the fireplace, but I know how sneaky he can be…we will have to keep our eyes pealed for those little fingers trying to reach for the fire. Scary to even think about!


♪♪ Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…

LOVE LOVE LOVE


14 Responses to “Ring of Fire”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    OMG Aspen! How precious! I can't wait to see how Luke reacts now. That is the sweetest thing ever! Great pics...I can just see his little smile and him kicking his little feet in excitement! I love that little guy!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    jack frost nipping at your nose.....

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Tiny tots...with their eyes all aglow...!! So cute!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    will find it hard to sleep...toooonight...

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You are so cute Daven. As for the fire, well... Finally, the season has arrived for the great nights by the fireplace!!

  6. Blogger Nancy 

    Wonderful photos!

    Erik's main warning is "HOT!" We are experts at keeping him from gas stoves and ovens now.

    More later...I just got home. I love you.

    Nancy

  7. Blogger Kerry 

    Brady LOVED the fire when we went camping... I don't remember Michael being as enthralled. I wonder if it's a WS thing? Your house must have been sooo cozy!!!

    You are totally in the spirit!
    Love -K

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Maybe it is a WS thing...Lyle loves fires too- in fireplaces, bonfires, etc. He loves the cozy feeling. When he was about 3 he used to love sitting by the fire watching Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights! (His taste in music has since changed).
    He used to scare me a little, like he was going to be a pyro- but he is very careful and approriate now.
    Daven has such a sweet face! I love seeing what he's up to.

  9. Blogger Lisa 

    I love the pictures it looks so cozy and Daven is lovein it!!!

    You all and Christmas:)

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow! Get the Christmas tree out! Those pictures are so cute! I can totally see him turning around to see if everyone is watching too. AHH! I miss that little booger so much. We had such a great time with him! Thanks for letting him stay a couple of days! A precious gift within himself. LOVE YOU!

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    He is so cute!! Can't wait to see the Halloween pictures!

  12. Blogger Kati 

    Whoahhhh!!!! Wonderful pictures!!! I love his face while watching fire :))))))))
    Waiting fot the halloween-pics!

    Love, Kati

  13. Blogger Amy 

    Totally totally cute. I have a "fake" gas fireplace with a tempered glass front, and Av likes to put her lips on it...since I have taught her, No! HOT!, and she just turns ever so slyly with a huge smile on her face. It makes disciplining really, really hard when she looks so sweet. I just love that Daven CRAWLED to the fireplace, What a great kid, I love you guys!
    Amy

  14. Blogger Teresa and Shawn 

    Oh my goodness, those pictures are absolutely adorable! That just melted my heart today. Better than TV, huh?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Aspen
  • From Clovis, New Mexico, United States
  • Happily married to Logan for 5 years. We have a precious son Daven Tate who was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome (a genetic disorder)at 11 months old. What a joy it will be to watch him grow. Daven just turned TWO!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives